• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel Pumps

skywords

Donation Time
Can anyone suggest a good fuel pump for my Series I, it has a Facet piston type now that is terribly noisy. Sounds like a bad timing chain. I am running Zeniths. So much noise for only 3 psi? There must be a less noisy one available.

Also I will need a good pump for my Q4 Series I that will require about 45 psi for the fuel injection.

Beamin Dave

Silver Level Sponsor
Rick,

What is wrong with the mechanical pump? I have the facet type on Sues S1 but I just use it for priming after the car has sit or if I had issues with vapor lock. I have run one of these pumps on my Plymouth Arrow since 1978 and have not changed it.It is the only pump on the car. Car has 85,000 miles on it and still quiet. Make sure the pump is not picking up air. This makes them very noisey.

On your Q4 try the frame mounted Ford 1988 pick up truck pump. The pump needs to put out more than 45 psi for a reserve margin. These pumps should do about 100psi deadheaded.
Dave Green