• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fuel pressure?

twospeed

Donation Time
Hello every one, I a just put on a Holley red fuel pump on my car( got it for free). What fuel pressure should I be using? I am running dual Zeniths.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I believe that the running fuel pressure for the zeniths should be no more than approximately 2.5 psi. Any higher and the carburettors will start to flood. You may need to install a pressure regulator if the pump pressure is higher.

Regards, Robin.

rootesrefuge

Donation Time
And above all, remember to remove the stock fuel pump, don't just bypass it. The pump arm riding on the cam all the time will wear out the camshaft lobe.

64beam

Donation Time
And I wondered why my twin Dellorto's wouldn't run on the factory pump!

Hi Jeff,

Depending on how highly tuned your engine is, it is not so much the pressure as the 1.75 would probably be OK (probably the minimum) but the flow the pump can put out. I have seen mechanical pumps feeding Webers/Dellorto's.

Regards, Robin.