• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Front brake pad springs

snamelc

Donation Time
My first Series II, purchased new in 1961, had springs that went in behind the pins that hold the front brake pads in place and kept the pads held snugly against the calipers so they wouldn't rattle. My current Series II doesn't have these and none of the manuals that I have makes any reference to them. And yes, the pads do rattle. Has anyone come up with a solution or a source for these springs?

Bill

snamelc

Donation Time
OK, Kevin, if it's the pins, then wiring them together should stop the rattle. I'll do that tomorrow, do a test drive, and post my findings. Thanks.

Bill

snamelc

Donation Time
Instead of wiring the pins, I put "O" rings under the heads of the pins. They no longer chuckle but the rattle still exists. So maybe it's the pads... or something else. I'll keep looking and testing.

Bill

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
I found with mine that the holes for the pins - on both ends - get loose and they rattled. Wiring both ends cured it, but as I say, I did later get a set of springs.