• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fresh From the Paint Booth

AlpineII

Donation Time
My Series 3 fresh out of the paint booth after V6 prep work. Wet sanding still to be done. Hardtop will be white, seats white.

AlpineII

Donation Time
The doors were attached. The hood had just been placed on when the photo was taken. It has three coats colour and a four clears on it. New floors put in and body completely cleaned up with a few metal patches welded in at the rear wheel wells. Truck bed liner spayed on undercarriage, inside trunk and the floor of the passenger compartment.

The wires are coming off and hopefully I'll find someone interested in them. I am replacing the entire rear end with one I ordered from Currie in Anaheim based on the Ford 8" with a 410. Replacing the front hubs and having new lugs put into it to match the rears. I have a set of four Shelby II Aluminum slot mag wheels (looking for a fifth) to run on it.

So I start the re-assembly process next week but have a small problem with the 2.8 V6. I'm pumping it up a little and among other things am having 2.9L valves installed. However it turns out that new valve seats had been installed on one of the non-smog heads. Why only one I don't know but I'm on the hunt.

britbeam

Donation Time
Could you give some info on the Currie rear diff based on the 8". Can you give some dimensions,price etc.
Thanks
Dwain V6 Krazy

AlpineII

Donation Time
They were often found on the Cobra II and although both are 5 slot mags, they are not the same animal. Several pounds lighter a much nicer polish and shine to them.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
That appears to be an aftermarket wheel. The Ford wheel on the Mustang II and Pinto had a black stripe around the outside of the rim.

AlpineII

Donation Time
Mike,
You have it! I actually picked up one of the Ford rims for the spare thinking the black stripe was the only real difference. There are big differences when you actually see them up together side-by-=side.

AlpineII

Donation Time
Dwain,
The kits that were ordered from Currie were:
- CE-2005, 8 inch Ford housing $229.95
- CE-0016, 28 spline axle package $429.95
- Mustang II housing ends $74.21.
The specs are:
- Style: 8 Inch Ford
- Pin Offset: 0.188
- Overall Dimension: 50.75
- Brake space: M 2.525