• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Free Series V Shell

62ACE

Donation Time
Guilty as charged. That was a 67 parts car I received with my 62 project.

The motor was/is a 1725. I still have it. The prior owner started pulling parts. The motor is locked up. I let it soak with mystery oil on piston tops for couple weeks. Couple cylinders leaked down. the other two did not. I have not done any thing further investigation. Head, intake, manifold, carb etc were pulled prior but I have. The oil pan has heavy pitting corrosion. The car sat in the muck/mud. Not rusted through but not worth salvage. Motor has oil in it along with tranny so not dried rusted. One day will pull pan and see if can get pistons out. At least looking to see if block and some internals are salvageable.

I was able to pull a lot of little pieces etc that I have a sale ad here for those possibly interested. There was not much in way of body to save. severely rotted out through and through. I had to let suspension go even. That hurt for my 62. front arms were heavily pitted from sitting in mud for years. calipers had exploded and had to be cut off even to get the car to roll. just was not worth saving as a whole.

she left to the scrapper the other day.

as mentioned, I have an ad with an excel sheet listing any items I was able to save from the car

62ACE

Donation Time
the physical tags went with the car. I have a picture if you are in need of record keeping. let me know

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yes a picture would suffice.... a matter of records for out Registry....

DanR

62ACE

Donation Time
Here you go (sorry have not studied pic attachments)

B 395012616 LRX

SAL 611484

speedometer reflected 75450. no idea of accuracy