• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Free Series 4 Body Parts

bashby

Donation Time
I have 2- doors, Hood, Trunk Lid, and The larger soft-Top Storage cover for a Series 4. The balance of the shell was put to rest 2-years ago, they have been in my basement since then. For Free if you pick them up. I live in Broomfield, CO.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Series 4 sheetmetal.

I have 2- doors, Hood, Trunk Lid, and The larger soft-Top Storage cover for a Series 4. The balance of the shell was put to rest 2-years ago, they have been in my basement since then. For Free if you pick them up. I live in Broomfield, CO.

I live in So. Cal. and just this past week found out just how badly both doors have been bashed / butchered /bondoed /....on my project alpine.
How complete are your doors?
Last time I traveled out of state to pick up sunbeam parts [ Joses kit ] it cost me a fortune in repairs to my truck and rental car cost and milage. Not to sure if I can convince my wife that I need to do this again.
If you dont get any local takers for these parts drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do about taking you up on this.
Thanks.. Chuck.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Since a IV could have either style over it's manufactured years and he doesn't mention, you probably should ask if they're square or round corner doors so you know if they match your car's body style.

bashby

Donation Time
You are correct! My error,
These are from a round corner car.
Chuck, The doors are stripped of all parts, I can send photos if you like. I am also willing to strip off the paint/primer to verify what is underneath (as I do not know but the rest of the car had ru$t). I do not see any damage or repairs looking in from the "inside". I might be going to the Grand Canyon-Bryce areas in September so, it would save some drive time from SoCal.

RootesRacer

Donation Time

Bill,

There is a local guy that could probably use a round cornered hood.

Is it still available?

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Bill,

There is a local guy that could probably use a round cornered hood.

Is it still available?

Hi Bashby.
Well my car is a round corner one [ that is the lower rear corner. Right! ] I would be interested if they dont require too much repair
Are you familar with the expression ,Dont look a gift horse in the mouth ?
Is that what I'm doing? After all the Ad. said freebes!
However we will work something out for expences if you have to store and transport them. But I was hoping to see your car if I pick them up
Both my doors are in pretty bad shape so put my name on them.
......Thanks.Chuck....Gitnrusty .

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Bill,

I'm in Phoenix and could arrange to meet you near the Canyon and store stuff down this way until So Cal members could come by to pick up. I'm right off Interstate 10 west of Phoenix.

I'd be interested in the Series4 top storage parts and any good trim that might turn up.

When you get close to coming down this way, let me know.

bashby

Donation Time
Nick, Careful I might be taking you up on this! I might have some Series 4 parts as well, need to sift through the boxes to see what I want to keep for the 5. I also have a complete Series 4 crossmember (not disassembled) and a windshield frame (with glass) it is all I thought might be useful - Little did I know that the Series 5 I bought had taken a major hit on the left-side -especially the front and I could have used the fender...but it went to rust heaven some time ago. Oh what you find that PO's have hidden under Bondo "... used a little DuraGlass to fill some small dings and dents..."

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Bill

I'll pm you with contact information. If it makes it easier for members, I'm fine with that. Depending what it is, I may have to store it outside (it's Arizona-Relax) (Unless it hangs around thru Monsoon season....High wind and rain) Coordinate it with the new owners so the stuff isn't here for months and we're cool. A few weeks is no sweat. Glad to help.

bashby

Donation Time
I have a Windshield frame (with glass) as well. John, Paul, Chuck have the hood, trunk lid and doors

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Bill,

How's the glass? I'd be interested for my V6 project. Series 4 and 5 use the same, right?

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
Series 4 doors

Chuck, the doors are yours! I will get you some photos. Bill

Bill.
Just got your E mail. Bad news on the doors, it sounds like they are worse than what I have. Mine are bashed but rust free so I will have to brush up on my bodywork skills to fix POs bondo work.
Thanks so much for the trouble you took to explain their condition. maybe someone can use them and free up youre storage space [ those right coasters love fixin rust ].
Im going to reshedule our Colorado trip, was looking foreward to seeing your car and my wife was checking the penny jar fo a stopover in Vagas. We'll make it some other time.
Thanks again.....Chuck.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
doors

Chuck, The doors are not rusted just had some work done. I can send photos if you like.

basby
Sorry I,m going to have to pass at this time. Thanks again for all your work on this. I hope you do find a taker that can put them to good use.
.....chuck.

ArturoV

Donation Time
Owner'sHandbook

Bill.
Just got your E mail. Bad news on the doors, it sounds like they are worse than what I have. Mine are bashed but rust free so I will have to brush up on my bodywork skills to fix POs bondo work.
Thanks so much for the trouble you took to explain their condition. maybe someone can use them and free up youre storage space [ those right coasters love fixin rust ].
Im going to reshedule our Colorado trip, was looking foreward to seeing your car and my wife was checking the penny jar fo a stopover in Vagas. We'll make it some other time.
Thanks again.....Chuck.

I just (re) jone the club. I own a 1964 Series IV Automatic which I had in storage since 1994. Recently, I decided to make it drivable and made an inventory of items that I need. It's mostly all there except for rust in the usual areas. I have been locating the various manuals that I need and the only one missing now is the Owner's Handbook for the automatic version. Any ideas? Appreciate any info. Thanks,
ArturoV