• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Frame measurements

MARTINSR

Donation Time
Is there a frame dimension chart on the net somewhere? My '59 Alpine has some poor work done on the left frame horn and would like to be sure they are correct more than simply cross measuring.

Or, if someone has a Series 1 (or others if they are the same) with a bumper off to measure across the frame for me I would appreciate it.

This isn't my car, I swiped the photo off the net. But if anyone could, center to center measurement at that hole in very end would be great.

Brian

IMG_0410.jpg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bumper Bolt Hole Measurements

Brian, I just measured two of my cars. One of which is original for sure with out any damage to the front area you are asking for measurements.

From center to center of the bolt holes I measured 28 3/4".

Hope this is helpful....

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
There's a dimension in the WSM that is referenced by the inside surface on the rails at the front bumper attachment. That value is 27.1" and when I measure on the bolt to bolt hole centers to be about 28.5" on my series II here in the shop.
This body had collision damage repair to the right front fender, and they didn't set the right frame rail back, plus it had wrinkles in the channel of the frame rail. So, I cut the rail and "pulled" it into spec again and then welded the rail cuts back up.
If you want a picture I could take one and post it.
Jan
I also made up an alignment bar that has the bolt spacing and ends bent to an angle so the bar would be mated to the bumper mounts. This helped jig everything in place during welding.