• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Found and bought a MkII

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I bought this today... unfortunately, I had to buy a 1965 Mustang, too, but fortunately that one is sold to a friend.

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

It is a good solid Sunbeam. The owner has had it since the early 70's.

Steve

atallamcs

Donation Time
Tiger

Great find! Looks like a wonderful car and a MK II on top of it. Lucky you.
Bill Atalla
Napa Valley

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Steve,

:cool: You have found yourself a great investment. Will it be kept standard or will it be raced? What condition is the interior and engine bay in? Please post some more pictures.

Regards, Robin.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Wow Steve-what a find. I didn't know you were a Tiger guy-thought you were on a one or two car diet too. Was the PO a TE/AE guy? Think I may have seen this in the distant past. What number is it? Mine is #219.
Well done! Eric

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I don't know if he was a TE/AE guy. The last time this car moved was 1983.

Errr... I am still thinking this car has 4 too many cylinders.
It was such a solid car that it was hard to not seriously consider it.

Steve

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am still thinking this car has 4 too many cylinders.
Steve: I would be happy to remove the firewall and transmission tunnel from my SV parts car and send them to you. I'll even throw in the engine. Then you could convert the car back to its proper state.;)

Congratulations. It looks like a great find. I am sure many of us will be following the progress on this one!

S

Steve Kirk

Steve: I would be happy to remove the firewall and transmission tunnel from my SV parts car and send them to you. I'll even throw in the engine. Then you could convert the car back to its proper state.;)

We could have a Tech session at the Invasion, converting a Tiger into an Alpine.

Buckeye64

Donation Time
Great find Steve!!!
Believe me the extra 4 cylinders are a hoot!!!

I just found and bought a MKI Tiger early production number B9470149 and color code of #76 Balmoral gray.
The Tiger is a great drive but when I want to relax and just cruse I bring out the old faithful 65 SIV Alpine. Just can't bet those Alpines.:D

I you don't mind me asking how much did the Tiger set you back?:eek:

Good Luck

Tim

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
The total cost is hard to say... there were many "hooks" in this deal.

I ended up with a 65' Mustang Fastback and a ton of both Mustang and Sunbeam parts. Last nights drive was a scene out of Sanford and Sons.
Including a full set of a MKII arches and 4 more rear arches.

BTW< included in that pile was an orginal parcel shelf seat cushion for a Balmora gray Sunbeam... very nice shape, too. Any interest from anyone? If you have a gray Sunbeam this is nicely trimed in gray.

Steve

Buckeye64

Donation Time
Steve

I would be interested in the Balmoral gray shelf seat cushion.

Let me know how you would like to proceed. Any pixs would be nice.

Thanks

Tim

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Engine is free... unfortunately, the water pump is frozen.

Any suggestions? Somebody mentioned that it was hard to remove the bolts on the water pump of the 289.

(Tim, did you get my PM with my e-mail address, milano164@comcast.net?)

Steve

D

dotadell

Great find!!

I removed the water pump on my 289 with little problem. Several of the bolts are quite long. Soak well with penetrating oil as these sometimes get corroded in the dissimilar metals of the spacer block (timing cover).

My MKII has damaged front arches. Any interest in parting with your spares?

Thx
Dave

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
Hey, it runs. The fuel system was an absolute mess but it runs well now.

Blew mouse remains out the tail pipes.

Steve