• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ford 2.8 starter

socorob

Donation Time
Weather permitting, tomorrow morning I'll pull my engine and get started on removing my c4 transmission and replacing it with a t5. I think I've gathered just about everything I need, but does anyone know if the starter from the auto is the same for the t5?

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not certain, but I think there is a different tooth count between the auto flexplate and the manual flywheel ring gear. I have both starters, one from the auto and one from the 4-speed. If I get to the shop I will check. Otherwise, check part stores to see if a different starter is listed for each.

Blue coyote

Donation Time
One thing I have found that can be problematic with the 2.8 starters is that at one time, one of the crossover books listed the Bronco II/Ranger starter and the Mustang II starter backwards. (they have a slightly different cone length, so a different depth engagement) . I had a few headaches over that one time...

I haven't physically swapped an auto starter for a manual starter on a Mustang II, but I know that they DO interchange from the auto to manual on the Bronco II, and I only know of the two cone lengths for the 2.8.