• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fog light switch

mbruskin

Donation Time
I am adding fog lights to my series 5 Alpine and don't know where the fog light switch would normally go. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Murray

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I think the clock and amp meter might be the only options that make their way to the dash at a specific location.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Murray,

depending on what series car you have the swtich type and location are different.

On the SI-3 they had 2 types.

1. a 2 position switch on the dash with a perspex escutcheon saying "fog"
2. an underdash switch panel mounted to the drivers door side of the steering wheel under the dash with a rotary switch allowing fog, spot both and off.

SIV on:

1. a switch panel mounted under the dash as above but looking like a minature version of the radio consoule with 2 switches.

2. mounted a switch on the dash.