• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Florida, New York?

S

SIMPLE002

Does anybody live close to Florida, New York? I purchased a t-5 tranny from a person there dec,3rd. and he keep tell me it has been shipped. last time a week ago monday night. I,ve probally screwed, but if someone was close and could check on it, I would make worth their while. already filed a greivence with ebay, but paid with personal check and on recourse with paypal, my stupidity. any help out that way?
thanks,
Terry

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Terry, I don't there but I've got some family that does ! We may be able to convince him to stop by, he's not a shy fellow. Send me a pm and we'll see if we can work it out .

Tom J

Ever Challenging Series V

Jim E

Donation Time
Smell a story about all the things folks have gone thru buying T5s...

I bought one on ebay for real cheap, like $180 shipped. The darn thing never showed up, so I contacted the seller and he finally called me and gave me the tracking info [UPS] So tracked it and it came up being at the local UPS terminal.. cool so I go there and they say ummm we do not seem to have it lets us search for it... days go by and still nope, UPS finally tells me it is lost. I ask "How the heck do you loose a 80 pound transmission?
To which they have no answer, but they start some other kind of search for the thing something about the last place it had a scan.... nada. So mean while I get with the seller and he is going to start the deal with UPS to get the money back, then a few days later poof! there it is on the porch wrapped in plastic to keep the trans fluid from leaking all over. Seems this is a fairly common thing with these the person does not drain them well or at all and they leak trans fluid which UPS hates and when it happens they kick the leaking package to the side as hazardous and ugly. Then at some point it gets put back in the system and sent on once it is no longer a danger to the other boxes it is riding with.

Oh and the story does not end there yeah I got it yeah it was cheap but it was also junk needing a new second gear and synco gizmos not to mention it leaked. That was fun... oh and it leaked after it was fixed so it got to come out again...

I would never buy a used V8 T5 agian once was enough for me, the V6 T5 I would chance but not a V8 version they are all just beat to death. In the end would have been cheaper for me to have bought a reman unit and just bit the bullet on the money up front.

Then there are all the fellows who paid for V8 T5s and got the 4 banger version.....

Thinking Jim Stone got one thru the net [V6 version] junk yard searcher.

So maybe yours is leaking and will show up, it could happen.

S

SIMPLE002

well after telling e-bay last week to close the dispute and get me what money back they could. on monday the tranny showed up. in great lookin condition. hopefully that way inside too. supposably been gone thru and upgraded. time will tell. jus happy to have it before i leave on vacation to mexico, one less thing on the mind.
thanks,
Terry

Jim, I wished I had heard more of this before I bought, the chances we take using the internet. not everyone is honest.
thanks again

skywords

Donation Time
Terry
Glad to hear it showed up that must have been unnerving waiting. I am currently tracking my T-5 Quad 4 package as it moves across the country at the speed of smell in a yellow freight truck. Fortunatly I bought it from Jan and the T-5 is in unk condition and I know that going in. No matter what the condition at least I can begin the tunnel mods and get the bloody show on the road if you know what I mean. I hope your T-5 is in good shape and gives you many miles of trouble free service.

Rick