• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fixtures for soft top and boot

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I posted this in my build thread, but got no reply, so here goes again.

Hey, can anyone send me a photo of the various lift-the dot posts and or snaps that go around the back of the tub? The shop was asking if I wanted any or all those holes welded shut. I don't want that done, but I need to get a count of the various parts I need to source so that I can snap down both a convertible top and a boot cover. I already have the boot cover from SS. It came with lift-the dot snaps, but no posts.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Series V?

Here are photos of my series V.

There are a pair of posts on either side of each trunk hinge.
upload_2020-11-11_21-31-13.png

There is a post right behind each door.
upload_2020-11-11_21-31-52.png

There is a post on the door.
upload_2020-11-11_21-32-35.png

There are 4 posts above the dash.
upload_2020-11-11_21-33-32.png

There is one button at each corner of the 'tub'.
upload_2020-11-11_21-34-40.png

Number of posts: 12
Number of buttons: 2

Mike

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I dont think I will ever have a tonneau cover, so I think I will skip those posts. I dont think the car has holes for them to begin with. It does have the holes on the rear deck and behind the doors. Do you generally use the screw type post, or the bolt and nylon nut type?

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Every Alpine I've ever seen had the screw on posts, as well as two snaps as per Mikes pictures.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK, I just saw the bolted ones available, and since access to the lower side of the deck is available, I thought I would ask. Thanks for the info guys. Very helpful as always.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
They are all screw in type. I'm not totally sure, but you may not be able to get at the back of some/all of them to put a nut on. You may want to re-consider a tonneau. In top down weather if I'm parking the car for a while (at work, at a store, etc.) I put the cover on to protect the interior from fading/degrading and to keep the black vinyl seats from burning my behind when I get in. I love it - white like the one Mike posted - stays nice and cool inside. My front studs are in the vent outlet cover screw holes - no extra holes in the dash.

Tim R

Silver Level Sponsor
We often fit bolt on tonneau pegs. Across the rear scuttle you need to drill access holes from underneath so that you can get the nut on, on the B Posts you need a curved washer to follow the body profile. We do it because we don't like the self tapping screw under the peg biting into fresh paint and having a washer and nut under the peg spreads the load nicely. If you are thinking about fitting a tonneau this may interest you.

Tim R

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
That is a good idea, Tim. I will try to remember that when I get to that point on my SIV.