• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fitting the T5

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Before the SIV goes off to the body shop, I am fitting the new transmission cover that will ultimately seal the opening in the tunnel. I've temporarily put the T5 in place so I can see how it will all fit when I am done. The transmission seems to 'want' to tilt slightly towards the left (driver's) side. Is this correct, or when everything is done, will it sit straight up and down?

Having the tranny in the exact positon isn't important now, but I will be reusing the original cover (or at least an original, as I don't have the original AT cover), which I've noticed is not symetrical; the hole for the shifter is off to one side a little bit and I want to be sure it is centered over the shift when I am finished.

Thanks.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Jim,

The transmission bolts to the bellhousing with a tilt to the driver's side. It was designed to sit like that from the factory. Not to worry.

Jose :)