• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fitting new Soft Top

68Alpine

I remember once seeing a link to a site where someone had posted his tips on the best way to fit a new soft top.
Can anyone help me out as I just cannot remember what it was!!!

Regards

Jon Bigg

pdq67

Donation Time
I can't recall the site either but I did copy and save the info. I tried to email it to you. Let me know if you didn't receive it and I will try again.

O

odl21

i'd also be interested in this. my soft top is not fitted correctly.

could you post it here? otherwise i can p.m. you my email.

thanks.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I'd be interested in having a copy of that also.. e-mail, tthornj at comcast dot net..thanks

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I also have a mis-fitted top, looks like I'd need it too. I'll give you my email. alpinebob at cox dot net
Thanks in advance.
Alpine Bob

ozzie alpine

Bronze Level Sponsor
If its not too much trouble I'd appreciate a copy too, as I'll be fitting a new soft top soon (assuming it is relevant for SII Alpines ?)
dcgeorge at bigpond dot com

thanks

pdq67

Donation Time
I wish I could remember where I got this stuff. I thought it was Tigers United but can't find it there. I have tried to email it to all who have asked about it. If not, let me know and I will try again.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
TEAE web site , is it because I'm not a member the left side of the page is dark blue and not readable ?

Tom J

wframe

Donation Time
Another option for reading the article is to do a Edit/Select All (or Ctrl-A) and all the text will be converted to white text on a colored background.

tfctpa

Donation Time
I can't recall the site either but I did copy and save the info. I tried to email it to you. Let me know if you didn't receive it and I will try again.

If anyone would like, I would be happy to convert it to a pdf, and it could be posted on our site as a tech tip. Just send me the article at the email listed in my profile.

gordonra

Donation Time
If your system has it, you can print it to Microsoft XPS document. This is a generic format that is becoming popular. It should install as part of Windows XP, or maybe on of the updates.

Another thing you can do is select all of the text using the method mentioned above (Ctl A) then copy it using (CTL C) and paste it (CTL V) into a word document so that it can be saved back to your computer.

Rich

mikephillips

Donation Time
If you don't come up with anything I'll see if I can put together something after Invasion detailing how I've done it in the past. Over 34 years I've done several.