• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

First post from new Alpine owner in NC

Stephen

Silver Level Sponsor
Welcome new Sunbeam owner and to the SAOCA Forum. You will find nothing but the best people here all willing to help. Post a question and you will get an answer all helpful. I to am still learning my way around with the spanners again.
I am in NC as well (Waxhaw) and look forward to seeing your green machine at a show soon. From your pictures look's like your off to a good start. Always feel free to call 704-661-7720 or email SjjSmith@aol.com
Stephen
PS Sad to see you have to work in such close quarters I'm a little jealous do you have a spray booth?

Callasports

Donation Time
Hello Stephen -- Thanks for the nice welcome -- this forum does seem like a pretty good place to be. I hope to meet you sometime in the near future, but I don't have a clue as to when this SV will make its way to an event or show... Right now, I'm just enjoying the time spent buffing the paint and getting to know the car up close. Good thing I want to "preserve" the patina because there are so many little imperfections and "love taps" on this body. I'd go broke having an expert work every panel to perfection!!

Just got my SUNBEAM Workshop Manual off of eBay tonite. It was published in '64 and says it covers SI - SIV Alpines and SIII & SIV Rapier. Oh well, it still should be a pretty good reference book to have on hand...

Buffed the hood by machine and hand a few times. Damned old green paint is tough and is beginning to shine. Straighten front bumper brackets, clean the chrome, and that frown should go away on the face of this Alpine.

The shop is great to work in -- my father-in-law's... glad he tolerates me! He's lost and forgotten more skills and talents than I'll ever acquire. Just need to get some lessons on that MIG welder of his some day.

Attachments

• 67SV 6-1-10 019.jpg
    67SV 6-1-10 019.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 20

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Too bad about the manual. You'll want the factory Light Range Manual for 1725cc (best) or the AutoBooks manual for Minx VI (including Series V Alpine). Just the electrical changes for Series V make either of these books a "must" investment.