• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Finally, a reason to live in Minneapolis: The ultimate man cave

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
One of those guys is a sick puppy. I counted at least 5 Isetta's.....

Sorry. I'm just jealous....:eek:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I have seen this a couple of times and it still amazes me

Jim
Minneapolis is way south like 450 miles of me so in reality it is not very cold there
I can't complain as this winter has been the easiest one that I can remember.Only a week or so of -28F.Only used the blower a few times

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I can't complain as this winter has been the easiest one that I can remember.Only a week or so of -28F.

It got down to +33 degrees this "winter" for a week or so and people started losing their minds :eek: around here.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Someday I hope to discover the secret to life in Minnesota. People there love it and would never dream of leaving. It's nice and all, but it is too friggin cold for my tastes. Even after global warming. I want at least 10 months a year of top down golf weather. I've got about 8-9 of them in St. Louis, which ain't bad, but I crave more. Ultimate man cave or not.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Jim,

When you retire, you could come to where I live.:D The average daytime temp is 79-81, and the nighttime temp is from 69-71. Ideal, wouldn't you say? The only thing missing, is ther is very little drag racing here, which may not bother you at all. Anyway, it is a delightful climate. I love it there.

We do have earth quakes though. We had one that measured 5.4 on the scale, which is a good one, although not a fatal one.

Jose

Someday I hope to discover the secret to life in Minnesota. People there love it and would never dream of leaving. It's nice and all, but it is too friggin cold for my tastes. Even after global warming. I want at least 10 months a year of top down golf weather. I've got about 8-9 of them in St. Louis, which ain't bad, but I crave more. Ultimate man cave or not.

bashby

Donation Time
Jose, I was in Lima during the May 1970, 7.9 earthquake... seeing the earth roll like the ocean is something you do not forget... good climate though
-Bill

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I'm so glad that I've never experienced one like that, and hope to never experience one either. I lived a lot of years in So. Cal., where earth quakes are pretty common, so am used to them, but I don't want to experience the BIG one that's expected there.

Jose

Jose, I was in Lima during the May 1970, 7.9 earthquake... seeing the earth roll like the ocean is something you do not forget... good climate though
-Bill

moonracer

Donation Time
I attended a car show there last spring. They invited all of the area Lemons racers there. That place is unbelievable. There is also a place simmilar to this in Joliet IL with a road coarse on it called Autobahn Race Way. Met the fellow who owns the WeatherTech floor mat company and toured his garage/condo, AMAZING.

As for the MN winters, I think it makes you appreciate spring, summer and fall all that much more. And, if it wasn't for winter we would have no time to work on our cars.