• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fiberglass hard tops

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
has anyone used the fiberglass hard top from Honeybourne there making a all fiberglass top for the series 3 thru 5 l would really like the factory top but it seams all the good ones want to stay with there cars
Thanks Geoff

whiskytangofoxtrot

Silver Level Sponsor
i looked a theirs but I think the only thing I didn't like was I believe the side windows didn't open, and there was something strange about the mounting, but I figured the mounting could be adapted to stock. If you find out different about the side windows please let me know. They have a jobber in Vegas that handles the USA

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
I was was interested in how they fit l think l could get used to not being able to use the side windows with the cost of a factory rusted out one at $800 plus missing the windows and other parts is crazy

alpine_64

Donation Time
I have a friend who has one and is very pleased with the fit. The lining is just flocking stuck to the fibreglass .. So if ypu added some insulation and made your own headliner it could improve appearance and sound and insulation performance.
I was was interested in how they fit l think l could get used to not being able to use the side windows with the cost of a factory rusted out one at $800 plus missing the windows and other parts is crazy

Last edited:

seriesIIIgt

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thank you Michael there is also place in Nevada City that Inports them from the UK they said 4 to 5 weeks from the time you place order l think this is the way l am going to go

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I've wanted for sometime to see one in person. Be interesting to find out what they cost thru US seller.
I've wanted one to put a Webasto roof in as well.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
The custom interior guys glue what I think is called "closed cell foam" to the inside of the roof and then shape it with a carving knife. After that it is simple to spray glue fabric to it. The foam works as insulation and a design base. That is my plan for my SV hardtop.