• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

fender mirrors for Series 3

fireboltgirl

Donation Time
Were the fender mirrors on Series 3 cars installed by the factory or the dealer? Is there a "correct" mirror for a Series 3? thanks! Kim

mikephillips

Donation Time
No series Alpines came from the factory with exterior mirrors, they were dealer or owner installed options. So while you can see some types more represented than others, generally anything period would work as they can't prove it wasn't what was installed at that time.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike,

technically the delswift (i think that was the brand) intergrated antenna mirror and the Talbot berlin Junior mirors are correct as they were listed in the options brochures from the factory

mikephillips

Donation Time
True, but that was really only if the customer chose one of those or the dealer happened to have them in. If they didn't, for cost or other reasons, you could find pretty much anything they might stock used. My car originally had a Jaguar style door mirror mounted. It was bought that way I know for sure as I got the car in the early 70s and the original owner was local to me. I'm the third owner, but the second only had the car a couple months and decided replacing the top and a few other maintenance items were more than he wanted to do.

And since the question was fender mirrors, there were no official Rootes version, so the Lucas style would probably have been used if an owner wanted them.