• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Feature Articles

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
How do I publish a feature article? I have an extensive write up on repair / upgrade of the Alpine electronic tach. I have shared this with several members so far and have completed the actual process on several member tachs. Right now it is a PowerPoint file. I could convert it to a PDF if that is preferred. Does someone need to review it first?

Tom

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Tom,

Please forward the information to me. I will be happy to put things together and post a featured Article for you.

Best regards,
Andrew Masse

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Andrew, great. I'll finish it up this week and send it to you. OK if I send it as a PowerPoint? Or should I convert it to PDF?

Tom

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Tom,

PPT is fine, I can take whatever you have and do what needs to be done.
Please note that any posting or content published on the web site must be passed by the club officers.

I am sure your Article will be fine, we just wish to make sure the content is correct and that it fits in with the Forum format.

I look forward being able to post your Article, anything that helps our members is great.

Regards,
Andrew Masse

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I am looking forward to that article.... After dinking with a Smiths Chronometer I am about to switch back to the original tach.

Steve

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve, good idea. I think these tach are quite fine once you replace the aged parts. After cal they are within 60 rpm across the full dial. I assume yours is working somewhat. The only problem is if the meter movement itself is open circuit. And it's best if it's a SV tach (2411/00) or later SIV (2404/00A or /00B). I think the early SIV tach, model 2404/00 is not so good, no internal voltage regulator.

Send me an e-mail and I will send you the PPT file now.

Tom