• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

fb hardtop Alpine 3/V - GONE

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Up for grabs in an aftermarket fiberglass hardtop suitable for Series 3-V Alpine. Sorry SI & SII guys .... this top ain't for you. It'll need redone but isn't cracked and has no pieces broken off. I just need the room and the price is right.

Pick-up only in Harrisburg, PA and it's FREE, tho a 4-pack of a NE IPA wouldn't be refused. Hell, bring 'em cold and we'll quaff them together.

Mark ..... volvoguys

Attachments

• DSCN1443.JPG
    DSCN1443.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1444.JPG
    DSCN1444.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1445.JPG
    DSCN1445.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • DSCN1446.JPG
    DSCN1446.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mark,

That looks like one of the rare astro tips with the basically vertical rear.. dont see them that often

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've had Honeybourne, Dynaplastics and Parrish hardtops .... but never an Astro. Astro tops I've seen on the net have the small round button on the side panels, just behind the b-pillar like Parrish, but there's no indication they were ever there. I don't know who made it.

All the plexiglass is flat so it can be cut from stock.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I've had Honeybourne, Dynaplastics and Parrish hardtops .... but never an Astro. Astro tops I've seen on the net have the small round button on the side panels, just behind the b-pillar like Parrish, but there's no indication they were ever there. I don't know who made it.

All the plexiglass is flat so it can be cut from stock.
Mark,

I think it's one of these Astro tops .... Is say rare because...well... Look at it :eek::oops:

Attachments

• Astro Top Ad - 1 - 700w.jpg
    Astro Top Ad - 1 - 700w.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 29

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mark,

I think it's one of these Astro tops .... Is say rare because...well... Look at it :eek::oops:
Michael, I have to agree. it certainly appears to be an Astro hardtop and personally, I think it looks better on a car than any other aftermarket top I've had.

Thanks, Mark

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
Oh, If you had one of those fastback to give, I would be on my way. The square back isn't really to my taste.

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh, If you had one of those fastback to give, I would be on my way. The square back isn't really to my taste.

I'll guess the design of this hardtop had a partial goal of giving greater "rear seat" head room, probably to accommodate a race spec roll bar and supports - high and back.

Think Tigers on California drag strips in the Sixties.

Just a guess.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I got a record 75 bucks for one after trying to give it away for a couple of years.
They are really good at keeping water out of a stored roller outside...

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
index.php

photo found in gallery

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Don for posting the photo of my Astro hardtop-I had forgotten that it was in the gallery. I was contacted a few months ago by a guy who is making a replica of the drag racing Tiger shown in the Performance Tuning the Sunbeam Tiger book and he wanted to buy my hardtop but I am keeping it. He did find one in California though.

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
Wish I was a lot closer… I’d bring you a trunk full of various IPA, DIPA and high ABV stuff.