• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fast and Furious exhaust note !

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Charged the battery and fired up the V6 today and it ran well. If it is sunny again tomorrow, I may take it for a spin.

It was cool and the engine was slow to warm and would not drop to an idle, so I gave the pedal a couple of sharp, short pokes and the darn thing rapped up instantly like those little cars in the Fast and Furious movies!!!
Startled me too. :):):)

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Question, how do I attach a picture to my post? Now that I have finally finished my shop and I am almost finished with remodeling the new to us 1975 house, I want to post pix with my info on this site. I am extremely anxious to get started on the Sunbeam, and this site has kept me enthused about the Alpine while I support the M6A (Mustang 6 cylinder Association) as the GURU for 1st generation Mustangs. Bill has been my main source but others on this site are very helpful. I love the new look!!IMG_1922 (1).JPG IMG_1924 (1).JPG IMG_1947.JPG

crs

Gold Level Sponsor
Ken,
The tach jumped up quickly, but never made it to 5000 rpm.
Maybe the trick to the sharp "brrapp" is an almost to the top and very short poke on the pedal, not the multi second rev that rocks the car.
Maybe I need to practice that for when poking through the town. :rolleyes: