• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Fall Drive Event in Southern California

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Ok guys I invite all of you on the SoCalTT every year and NO ONE comes.

This is a great two day driving event starting in Los Angeles on October 11 and ending on the 12th. Any 1975 car can go but I'd love to see some strong rootes group representation.

The event is about 275 miles each of the two days. We will spend Sunday night in Los Alamos andreturn via some great roads to LA on Monday. There is an awards banquet after. Much fun will be had by all I promise.

The $180 fee includes Hotel Sunday night and the awards banquet which is always great.

I look forward to seeing some of you there.

PM and I'll send you an app.

Eric

'62 SerII

gordonra

Donation Time
My car is down hard right now without brakes. It's been a couple of months since I've gotten to drive it.

If I can get it up and running between being sick, home stuff and work, I might go this year.

gordonra

Donation Time
I decided to replace the most of the hydraulics, so I got new Capri calipers, hoses, brake master, clutch master, Clutch slave, and ran new steel lines.

The brake master seems to have a problem.. Could be mis-manufactured. I need to call the manufacturer to confirm, but operation should be simple.

Not sure what you could do to help, but I appreciate the offer.

I may end up putting the original master back in if I have a kit in my spares... I think I bought an extra.

Rich

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Rich

I'd hate tp think a few hours wrenching would keep you from going on the TT.

It's well worth the extra effort.

Eric

'62 SerII

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I just put over 1,100 miles on my Alpine the other weekend, so surely you guys out west can accomplish a bit under 600?? ;)

serIIalpine

Donation Time
We try to leave enough time for cocktails poolside.

Besides, it's not all Alpines so not everyone has as much fun driving as me.

Eric

'62 SerII

serIIalpine

Donation Time
OK guys who's in???

Stefan and I are going. Anyone else?

In an effort to sweeten the pot I will be serving Knob Creek Old Fashioneds poolside.

Hope to see you there.

gordonra

Donation Time
Sorry Eric,

Doesn't look like I'm going to make it this year either.

Brakes are better but still have a little proble with it pulling, but more than that, I got laid off last week... Too busy looking for work.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Rich

I understand.

I'm only going because a friend whose Sprite I got running is paying my way.
That and I have no work for Monday either.

The Carrera California is coming up in November so hopefully you'll have everything in order by then.

Two things that have made my brakes pull are a stuck caliper and out of adjustment rear brakes. Just a thought.

Armand4

Donation Time
Darn it, if I had known there would be some Sunbeams going, I might have gone! Just this afternoon I was at my friend's muffler shop, and I helped him put a new exhaust system on our friend's '72 Toyota Corolla so she could do the TT without her exhaust pipe bumping into the drive shaft. Anyway, I'm glad you guys are upholding the honor of the Rootes Group. Maybe I'll go on the Carrera California.

gordonra

Donation Time
Rich

I understand.

I'm only going because a friend whose Sprite I got running is paying my way.
That and I have no work for Monday either.

The Carrera California is coming up in November so hopefully you'll have everything in order by then.

Two things that have made my brakes pull are a stuck caliper and out of adjustment rear brakes. Just a thought.

I hope things have settled down by November, but something tells me that the US is in for a long recovery.

Regarding the brakes... New (remanufactured) Capri calipers, Old pads, but still lots of meat, new front hoses, no pinches in the steel lines. Back brakes pull straight with the E-Brake, and adjusted correctly.

Could be the front right pads are bad I suppose... don't know what else to check. I thought I'd swap the pads left/right to see if the problem moves.

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Rich

If it makes you feel any better I will not be going on the TT.

I will be trying to make the Carrera in november.

gordonra

Donation Time
Rich

If it makes you feel any better I will not be going on the TT.

I will be trying to make the Carrera in november.

Actually Eric, it doesn't make me feel any better. I wish we could both go.

I wish somebody would stop throwing pies! Maybe I should just learn to duck....