• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Engine bay pictures.

John Boggis

Donation Time
Guess I am vering off topic here.... but as a side note I have a one/original owner car, SV, with original rubber mats, under 24k miles with one respray coming in for a freshen up some time here in the next week or so. Hoping it is a very correct car and am thinking to do a detailed photo documentation of the car. Not real sure what we can do with the images but maybe, that is provided the car is as original as I am thinking it is, we can post them or someone may want them or some such.

Oh and by the way the owner is in the rubber buisness and says he can repop the mats.....now that would be something!

Jim...If this SV is an original car,please post some pictures on the forum.

Maybe a section could be created on the SAOCA site where original examples of every series coukd be available for members to reference.

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
I know that grey Series IV. I find it highly unlikely I've seen another that was to that high a standard. Member of the UK SAOC no doubt. It's been quite a few years (16 if memory serves) and the car is still outstanding. Well done.

I have seen dome nuts on rocker covers several times. If it is not original it is certainly a common practice......

alpine_64

Donation Time
John,

Scanner is still not playing ball.. i can see the pictures clearly.. i guess getting them to you is the issue... however.. this should put your mind to rest anyway..

From publication No. 6600992 (This is the Parts Catalogue)

ENGINE (Motor) UNIT Series 1, 11, 111, and 1V
Page A12

Part Number 9510041
DESCRIPTION Nut, 1/4" UNF.
No. per Veh. 4
REMARKS Series 1 and 11 Series 111 and 1V

AND

Page ZY5

NUTS
Size 1/4'
Type U.N.F.
Part No. 9510041

John Boggis

Donation Time
Thanks for doing the research Michael... I have changed the nuts already !

Also taken the Solex carb off today to give it a refurb and service,when done that will comlplete the engine bay clean up.

I have finished the clean up of the Boot/Trunk and will put pictures on my Web page in the next couple of days.