• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Electronic Ignition

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
I'm about to install my 1725cc engine into my SII and am thinking of installing an electronic ignition. I have looked at Pertronix. However, I am having difficulty determining which Pertronix is appropriate for my 1725cc engine. Also I'm wondering if I should get the distributor or keep my distributor and simply get the electronic ignition kit. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
I had my distributor rebuilt and converted to Pertronix in the UK, plus the matching coil. This is the earlier type with the mechanical tacho drive. It wasn't cheap, but the distributor bearings etc were worn out and it had a cracked body, so there wasn't much of an option. It now works perfectly and the restorer matched the advance curve to the factory spec, which may be difficult at home.