• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Electric Fan

Van Bagley

Donation Time
After owning my SV for 26 years I now need to add an electric fan. Also I'm looking for a 6 bladed fan. This summer has been way warmer than in the past even here in the Bay Area. Are there any recommendations for a source for a 6 bladed fan and what is the best electric fan?
Van

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Didn't get far enough in my research to find "the best". I found one that works very well, however. Mounts in front of radiator, and has adjustable thermostat so it comes on right at center-scale, and keeps the temps there. Used in conjunction with coolant overflow/recovery tank hiding out where the brake booster used to be. I now fear no parade, drive-thru line, or traffic jam.

I'll journey out in the garage and find the number here shortly. Pretty sure it was from Jegs. Stand by...

Controller is a Derale #16759. www.derale.com in LA.

Fan is currently not viewable. I think it's an 8" straight blade reversible thin mount from Jegs. Mounts on front because I don't trust the whole engine cooling load to Lucas. Fan mounts with beefy zip ties thru fins in radiator, and I don't think I had to remove the radiator to mount the fan.

Search the site (using Google) for Volvo fan discussions. For Sunbeam engines, I think a revised mount is required, and maybe trimming (?). Not sure. If you don't use Google for the search, it won't find "fan" because the word is too short.

Last edited:

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Call Chris at http://www.cgj.com/ tell him the guy in Bakersfield with the Miata powered Sunbeam give you his number. This is on my car and it has been up to 108 for days this summer, and my car never goes over the thermostat temp.
RIMG0002-L.jpg

RIMG0004-L.jpg