• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Edelbrock Accelerator Linkage.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

While I wait for my new Edelbrock carburettor to arrive (currently sitting at my Uncle's home in the states), I have been looking at the standard linkage/lever that comes with the carburettor. My Tiger is a right hand drive so it does not use the cable setup. For those who are using the Edelbrock carburettors, will the standard lever work or do I need to buy the Ford lever option?

Thank you, Robin.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I do not know about a right hand drive car but I have been using the Edelbrock Carb and it works the best, I made a rod for my carb. so I do not have the cable problem that alot of people have I have been using this setup for over 15 years and no problems. After looking at mine it seems that you would have to use a cable setup? because the linkage is on the left side of the Carb!! :eek: or can the linkage be moved to the other side of the carb?

64beam

Donation Time
Hi George,

Thank for the reply. The Edelbrock and the Autolite linkage are both on the same side (I think the Holley's are the same as well), so I should be OK. Did you use the standard Edelbrock throttle lever?

Thanks, Robin.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
If you really want to be fancy you can get a hydraulic gas pedal.I think both Neal performance and Wilwood have them.It will make this an easy type of job.I have thought about them but its a low priority job.

64beam

Donation Time
If you really want to be fancy you can get a hydraulic gas pedal.I think both Neal performance and Wilwood have them.It will make this an easy type of job.I have thought about them but its a low priority job.

Hi Chuck,

My standard mechanical linkage is working great so I don't really want to change it. I have never heard of a hydraulic accelerator pedal. How to they all go together?

Regards, Robin.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Hi Chuck,

My standard mechanical linkage is working great so I don't really want to change it. I have never heard of a hydraulic accelerator pedal. How to they all go together?

Regards, Robin.

Hi Robin
How it would all come together is something I do not know at this moment.will have to dig out the Neal's cataloque and see what it is about.
I just remember seeing it.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Robin
The pictures of the Neal hydraulic gas pedal are so bad I really can't see too much. I think they come as a package like clutch,brake and gas.However they do stock some nice throttle cables. they are the Morse Red Jake cables and are stainless steel.come in 3 to 12 foot lengths with 3 inches of travel.also nice ends and clamps

64beam

Donation Time
Robin
The pictures of the Neal hydraulic gas pedal are so bad I really can't see too much. I think they come as a package like clutch,brake and gas.However they do stock some nice throttle cables. they are the Morse Red Jake cables and are stainless steel.come in 3 to 12 foot lengths with 3 inches of travel.also nice ends and clamps

I had a quick search and I am pretty sure I now know what you mean. Basically a race car setup. By the look of the pictures I saw, they use a slave cylinder type setup. I assume a cable is then connected to the cylinder, but I'm not 100% sure.

Regards, Robin.