• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

eBay Alpine

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi, I ended up buying the car you referenced. I talked to the owner prior to pulling the trigger on it, and he stated all other potential buyers indicated they wanted to part it for tiger projects. I just had a bad reaction to that news and bought it. I went to see it and the body and frame seem to be in good shape. The interior/ dash is complete, new top, has the tonneau. The chrome is about 95% good, no peeling. It will need new paint. The engine will need work, as it has not been run in years. Brakes are also an issue.l I will pick it up this saturday and be able evaluate it better when I can start to really look it over in good light.

Since I am a 1st time alpine owner/ tinkerer, I could use any advice from the group on check out/ service plan ( other than the basics of changing and or/flushing fluids) before putting a battery on it to see if it will turn.

Thanks

Sam

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Now there's the feel-good story of the week: an orphaned Alpine, about to be devoured by hungry Tigers, is instead snatched from the jaws of death at the last second and brought to a caring new home!

:D

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Welcome aboard

Sam,

Nice to have you as part of the Alpine Communty. Where are you located? We're everywhere...

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for the welcome, I am located in Spartanburg, SC, and look forward to meeting other sunbeam owners, and learn from their experience.

Thanks

sm

Jim E

Donation Time
Looks like a lot of Alpine for the money, nice buy.

Eric G. and I are in Columbia along with a couple other fellows, Todd and.... well that is all I can think of. Eric typically has most Alpine parts for sale. I have been know to tinker on a car or two, so if you want to drag it over here and pay to have it made go and stop let me know and I will see about a slot at the shop. Got a lot of time on my hands at the moment....

Oh I would expect to do a full brake rebuild and clean the fuel tanks. Most likely the engine will run seen Eric start one that had sat for who knows how long and it blasted right off.

Jim E

Donation Time
The short answer is no, the longer answer is yes sort of.... my buddy owns a restoration buisness and lets me work on my stuff there. I have also done work for him on non-Alpine stuff and have done a few Alpine projects in his shop. Basically you would contract thru the owner for the work and I would do it. [Is that a complex situation to explain or what...] Oh and i am un-employed right now so got lots of time on my hands.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I will definitely keep you in mind. I am going to get the car tommorrow, and will try to figure out where to start on the project. At this point I would like to try to get it running and make it safe to drive. Budget allowing, I would start a restoration in the future, if it turns out to be as good a candidate as I think it may be. But I know I'll have a bunch of questions for the group as I go. My car work experience has been limited to Volks(2 Karman Ghias) and ford ('68 F-100), other than those, and minor other stuff.