• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Early Fuel or Temp Gauge LOAN

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I think this post belongs in this section. I'm not looking to buy or sell a part, but want to borrow one (or two) to help the group.

There have been many questions about the Fuel and Temp gauges and sensors. The early (S1,2,3) system is slightly different than the later system. I'm posting this request in hopes someone will be willing to send me one or two guages (either type - Fuel or Temp - they are the same internally) from an early Alpine, so I can measure its resistance and current sensitivity at FS, HS, and Zero. I have already fully characterized the later (S4,5) type and know (and have posted) this info. But testing the Early type would tell us a lot about the differences and similarities and may allow us to make substitutions and other solutions. I will only need the gauges for a week at most and will return them. I'll pay return postage.

If you are willing and able, send me a PM (preferably with your e-mail address) and I will send you my address in Cleveland, OH.

Thanks,

Tom

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Tom, try getting in touch with Barry Knight (on members list as "Barry"). He knows just about everything there is to know about the workings of the Alpine gauges, but does not post anymore. I suggest an e-mail, he does not frequent the board.

Bill