• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Duratec Installation

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Pic 3 is a "MAT" sensor.

Manifold Air Temp.

BTW, its best to have that directly in the airflow, not on the end of a log.

MAT, yep. "Senior Moment". I guess second best is going to have to do unless I mount it in the air filter housing. Chalk up one more thing I have learned. How bad is second best?

Bill

RootesRacer

Donation Time
MAT, yep. "Senior Moment". I guess second best is going to have to do unless I mount it in the air filter housing. Chalk up one more thing I have learned. How bad is second best?

Bill

Second best depends on the amount of heat soak the log gets.

If the log gets hot, and the sensor is not in the flowpath of the majority of the engine air (to cool it near ambient), the sensor will indicate a value much higher than actual air temp, which will cause a fueling density error.