• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dual circuit brakes

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
So, did you use two of the smaller ones? Any clearance problems getting to the caps or adding fluid?

I used two of the smaller ones. If you do not use the spacer, there is somewhat of a clearance problem, but it is doable. If you use the spacer, there are no problems. BTW, it has been said that if you use the spacer, the stock push rod will work fine. Otherwise, you need to make one.

Bill

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is the spacer part of the original set up or is it something that needs to be fabricated?

twautomotive

Silver Level Sponsor
Free Dual Master Cylinder

I got the attached Master cylinder with a parts car. If anyone wants it, they can have it for the postage. Does anyone know what make and model this is from? (Datsun????)
Tom

Attachments

• dual comp.JPG
    dual comp.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 77
  • dual 2.JPG
    dual 2.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 47

bashby

Donation Time
Remote Reservoir Mitsubishi Part Numbers

FYI, the Part Number for the 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse Brake Master Cylinder Remote Reservoir is MB534534 and the part number for the bracket for this reservoir is MB534537. They are both still available through a Mitsubishi dealer (usually as a special order 1-4 days). The reservoir fits very nicely; the reservoir takes a 3/8" ID hose and the Nissan F10 master cylinder takes a 1/2" ID hose. A trip to a good hardware or automotive store for some 1/2" barb to 1/4 NPT and 3/8" barb to 1/4 NPT along with some multi-purpose hose (1/2" and 3/8") and some hose clamps and you are set.

the_tool_man

Donation Time
Hi all:

Old thread, I know. But, I'm trying to source a dual-circuit brake master cylinder. I haven't been able to find any using the part numbers given (all sources at least two years old - everyone out of stock). When I search various sources using the above vehicle information (1978 Nissan F10), the images show a MC set up for remote reservoir, which isn't right. I've attached a photo of what I'm looking for

Anyone sourced one recently?

TIA,
John.

socorob

Donation Time
A lot of people use the Nissan f10 master with remote reservoir. I think you can get tilton reservoirs that will bolt to the master but I don't think it will fit under the fender brace.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is pic of the F10 MC with Tilton reservoirs on a Series V body, using the stock master cylinder spacer.
IMG_2003.jpg

A word of caution, the Tilton master cylinders are ususally sold without caps. They are about six dollars each.

I have two master cylinders and one set of reservoirs that I can no longer use. My system requires 7/8" bore MC. The MC's have some use, but are in good shape. I'll sell the it all for $50 plus shipping.

Bill

the_tool_man

Donation Time
Bill:

The relative position of the MC and brace are quite different between your car and the picture I sent. I guess that's an Alpine/Tiger thing. I need to check my car's MC & brace locations, since it is a converted SIV Alpine, but a pretty thoroughly done one. I'll PM you on your offer. Thanks.

Regards,
John.

the_tool_man

Donation Time
Anyone else have one of these, or know of a source? Someone else snapped up Bill's before I verified it would work on my car. Thanks.

the_tool_man

Donation Time
Lol. Their website says they do. I've tried both the Subaru and F10 one. They're mostly out of stock, which you either find out when attempting to check out, or the next day when they email you.

I did get a Subaru one (Centric brand) from them last week, but it had been installed and returned already (found that out when I opened the box to find a dirty MC with fluid in it). So I assumed it was defective and returned it. At the time, RA said they would just send me another. But, two hours after dropping the first one off at FedEx to return it, they called to inform me they were out of stock and would issue a refund. Apparently, the one I had was the last one. I called them to see if they could ship it back, but their return center can't ship, so I'm screwed.

Everything left is either remanufactured or the wrong bore size. I'll stop by the car parts place and thumb through thier books, but I'm not hopeful at this point.

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
The last time I was in Advance Auto they had the F-10 clutch master. Didn't ask about the brake master.

bmohr

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, Since I have to pretty much rebuild the entire brake system I figure I might as well go to dual circuit. I found the 1977 Nissan F10 (aftermarket by Cardone) MC and ordered it from Summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaz-11-1840/overview/year/1977/make/nissan/model/f10

So just to make sure I have the right other stuff, do I need the following?
2 caps https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1118
2 small (4oz) reservoirs https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3558
2 o-rings: https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1110
Is that what you used Bill?

I suppose throw these in for good measure:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=1132

I'm looking at fitting this to a LHD SIV.

Thanks for any input.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
No, I did not use any O-rings. The place I ordered the reservoirs from did not mention them and were not a with the M/C. I was unaware of their existence until now. The reservoirs were a little difficult to seal without them. Took more clamping pressure than I would normally think should be necessary.

Bill