• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Drum to splinned hub bolts info please

Limey

Donation Time
Hi all,

I have a small problem. After 18 months I can't find the bolts that held the drums to my rear splines despite catologueing everything into 40 boxes. Can anyone advise the type of bolt I need?

I have many part catalogues but must be thick 'cos I cant see them or ident them in any list.

Please help 'cos the rear axle rebuild is stalled. Boo!

Ta

Limey

lemansvk

Donation Time
If no one else replies I can dig some out of my spares at the weekend and report back on them. I remember they are short, thick and with a shallow head - reminds me of somepeople I know. :D (present company excepted). If you were in Australia you could buy them at the local GM Holden spares outlet - they are virtually identical to a bolt used in "Trimatic" transmissions.

Vic

D

Dr.NO 007

Bolts, Fasteners Alpine List

Hello Limey
I have a complete list of bolts and fasteners on an Adobe file which I will send to you on an email... if i can get your email address!!
contact me at mosseyprojects2000@gmail.com

cheers
"Canuck"
Chuck Mossey

Limey

Donation Time
If no one else replies I can dig some out of my spares at the weekend and report back on them. I remember they are short, thick and with a shallow head - reminds me of somepeople I know. :D (present company excepted). If you were in Australia you could buy them at the local GM Holden spares outlet - they are virtually identical to a bolt used in "Trimatic" transmissions.

Vic

Hi Vic,

Your description of the shallow head is a great clue. What do you think the Brit equivelent of GM Holden is? Are they special high tensile bolts?

Thanks for all the help guys!

Limey