• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Door window

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Repair kits for the window regulators are available from Sunbeam Specialties. Part #DP64.
Thanks for the info. My car is a Series II, but I will surely contract SS for their input once I have a better idea of the situation, once I take the door panels off.

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Well, it's now two years, and I finally got to the window mechanism today. I did speak to the former owner, and he was surprised that I was having a problem. I took the window handle off and the door pull, but struggled with the door handle, because I could not get the little locking pin to come out. I suspect that it is tapered, and only comes out one way. I used silicone lubricant but could not get it to budge.
Finally decided, it was far enough near the front, that I could get at the mechanism to see if there was an obvious problem. I pulled off as much of the door card as I could, and sure enough there was enough room. Everything looked fine and clean, so I proceeded to lubricate the gears and pivot points, including the latch to open the door, and the sliding mechanism under the window. I also lubricated the channels including the channel on the A post.
The net result is a window on the driver's side which now works like a charm. Not a very big job, even for an amateur like me, and it was very satisfying. I cleaned everything, and picked up and put everything away, and now I'm due for a beer.