• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Door stops

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
How are they removed? This is a mid range Series V, the stop appears to have a riveted joint. Sure would hate to grind off that rivet if I don't have to, but that appears to be the only way.

I thought I saw this covered not long ago, but cannot find the thread.

Bill

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bill, if your talking about the door "straps", for lack of a better word, that keep the door from swinging out too far, then the only way to do it is to remove the rivet. I think you can get replacements at the local harware store.
I seem to remember seeing them there (true Value Hdwr) You can also use a small bolt & nut with some loctite. Not original, but it works.
HTH!
Cheers!
Steve

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, I'm talking about the "straps" that restrain the door. Rather mechanical looking for straps, but if that's what hey are called, guess I'll have to go along.

Thanks.

Bill