• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Distributor parts

wframe

Donation Time
My distributor needs a couple of parts that I have not been able to locate. I am looking for the distributor shaft bushing and the springs for the centrifugal advance. ( I stretched the springs as I was trying to dismantle the distributor; should have read the SM better!) The distributor has DM2 in the casting and the number 40766A stamped in the side. I have checked both Sunbeam Specialties and Victoria British catalogs with no luck. Moss lists 2 different bushing for the DM2 distributor (in their MGA catalog) ; not sure which would be correct. Moss also lists the strings but indicates they are Not Available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mikephillips

Donation Time
You might also try M&G Vintage Auto, they've advertized doing Lucas distributor rebuilds for MGs and other British cars in the past.