• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Did you see this from Amtrac?

SumBeans

Donation Time
Nick

I have a few of those gratis from my Florida to New York journey a while back. They are in the Amtrak magazines supplied in all of the coachs, mine cost me almost $200 though.:eek: Gee, I thought it was a V-8 because they removed the alpine engine crank access in the front Valence.:D

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Picky, Picky, Picky...:D

Well for those of us who live a little off the route, I figured I'd post it in the event some one actually had a spare spot in the garage not already Alpine plastered.

Actually, mine is going in the hall leading to the garage... I'll move the Freightliner elsewhere.

Jim E

Donation Time
Way cool! Think that is Dwains car. Can't help but wonder what one would sell for on the ebay....

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
And a real bargain! Even with shipping, it is only $10 delivered. I was going to buy two (one for the office, one for the garage), but they wanted an additional $5 to ship the second, so I figured I'd get the first one here and then decide if I wanted to go for another.

And, Jim: I'll bet you are right. You could probably sell these on eBay for quite a bit more. Hmmm. I wonder if these are a limited production item? Could be worth buying a bunch and putting them away.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Jim,

That's weird because I considered 2 but the shipping jumped over $15 for a total of over $25 so I input 5 units and the total jumped to over 65. ($25 for the posters and over $40 for s&h) I thought that was out of line. I'll probably wish I did..

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
It might be worth ordering by phone; it shouldn't cost them any more to ship one than a dozen. It is possible a clerk might be able to override the online shipping costs.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
I went to the artists website, he is selling other Amtrac posters for $150.00 each. Must be on super special paper or something.

SumBeans

Donation Time
Do the Math

I believe you could make Laminated Colour copies at Kinkos for less Money than buying from the site and paying postage. I see no reason in buying them in Quantity especially when you can save the image to your computer from his site and do some enlargement in Photoshop.:D
Dawg Gone, that sure looks like the Tiger trim running down the side of the Fender :p Picky Picky Picky

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
that sure looks like the Tiger trim running down the side of the Fender

Naaahhh! That's reflection of one of the rails. :D

65beam

Donation Time
amtrac

in october 2007 there were several alpines and tigers that boarded the auto train in the d.c. area and made the trip to and from the daytona united. could have been copied off of anyones car . pretty neat that they did this . i think there may have been a v6 car on the train at that time .

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
in october 2007 there were several alpines and tigers that boarded the auto train in the d.c. area and made the trip to and from the daytona united. could have been copied off of anyones car . pretty neat that they did this . i think there may have been a v6 car on the train at that time .

And the crowd goes wild! Thank You! Thank You! Wa'd i say?:D:D:D

SumBeans

Donation Time
Maybe

Nick

Okay, okay, "there MAY have been a V-6 car on the train". But, but, but, May is only one month out of twelve so that gives you ever increasing Dark Sider's just an 8.3% chance. :p Still a Great car for Amtrak to use in their advertising no matter how big the heart is. It is an appealingly good image with the bumper over-riders removed! Maybe they are Stainless like yours Nick. Smart move;)

65beam

Donation Time
amtrac

the more i think about it, i think bob and judy drove the V6 alpine to florida . it's great that amtrak is using the image of a sunbeam . why doesn't someone contact them and ask where this idea came from .

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
SumBeans.... Stainless Bumpers? Not me. Must be my evil twin... NO NOT NICK ODELL!

My blue car has chrome steel and my project has rusty.. So far.

All this discussion is missing the point.... I think we're all a little tickled that there's a poster out that highlights our little brand/marque. Yea us!

Somewhere there an MG, Triumph, Jaguar (Jag-u-are)(Jagwire for the great unwashed) or Aston Martin owners website whining "How could they use a SUNBEAM??? What were they thinking?"

All I can say is "Nanner, nanner, nanner!" I think we should make the artist an Honorary member. All in favor?

mackzknife

Donation Time
I liked it so much I ordered one. Should go nicely with my framed 1966 Alpine Brochure.

And yes, let's extend the artist an invite!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Someone posted that they got on his website but when I searched it then clicked on it, I got a 404 message that it was not available. Anyone have a better site or address?

66Tiger

Donation Time
the web address is just his name... michaelschwab dot com ...then click on the "3rd from the left" broken homepage graphic...that takes you to his store...then you can get to all the pages.

Paul