• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Did sunbeam parts go up in price?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Lets just hope nobosy falls for this kind of rubbish...there are some scarce parts that bring serious money despite their simplicty or relative lack of importance... but thats because they ARE rare

check out his other items:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/PICK-...20PARTQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ3606118QQsofpZ0

guy is charging over $1500 for a SH windscreen!

nobody should go near his stuff.. i will send him a little e-mail with a link to sunbeam specialties catalogue.. might help him come back down to earth

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Everything these folks list are sky high..I don't believe they know the true value of any part.

Tom J

skywords

Donation Time
who's the seller Enron? Sunbeam parts have gone up and alot but nothing compared to what this idiot is trying to pull. Hell I have a whole stack of those wheels as do most of us. I guess we can all retire now.

atallamcs

Donation Time
parts

Actually, if you read the small print, there is an Alpine attached to that wheel.
A solid driver, fully restored with hardtop and all new engine, perfect chrome work and everything works.
Bill

jmthehermit

Donation Time
parts

I wonder if he's interested in buying parts? I'll gladly sell him four more wheels for half his price. Maybe even offer all my rare lug nuts with the much sought after rusty patina on them for twenty bucks apiece. If I'm not mistaken the hood and the trunk lid were listed on ebay last month for $200 each. This guy definitely needs a reality check.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bob, to get you started, how about you come and pick up Rusty. Special today, $2000, loaded onto your transporter.

Bill

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Plus, the windscreen is noted as having yellowing and peeling lamination at the edges. Sounds like one of a bad batch that was circulating about 15-20 years ago. (Maybe from VB?). You couldn't pay me to take it off their hands.

I'll bet if you talked to the seller, he'd try to sell you a $499.99 waffle iron made by the same company!

Lets just hope nobosy falls for this kind of rubbish...there are some scarce parts that bring serious money despite their simplicty or relative lack of importance... but thats because they ARE rare

check out his other items:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/PICK-...20PARTQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsaselZ3606118QQsofpZ0

guy is charging over $1500 for a SH windscreen!

nobody should go near his stuff.. i will send him a little e-mail with a link to sunbeam specialties catalogue.. might help him come back down to earth

Wombat

Donation Time
Nothing wrong with making a profit and if people are silly enough to pay the asking price, more fool them. But over $6000 of parts and no engine, gearbox etc does seem a little excessive. I think the lesson here is to do your research and see what the parts cost from alternate suppliers.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
profits

Nothing wrong with making a profit and if people are silly enough to pay the asking price, more fool them. But over $6000 of parts and no engine, gearbox etc does seem a little excessive. I think the lesson here is to do your research and see what the parts cost from alternate suppliers.

Yes indeed, the profit margin is good, BUT I think there a lot of people out there with more money than brains.. And happens mostly at auctions.

my 4 p
Chuck

65beam

Donation Time
parts

are you guys saying that if someone offered you this kind of money for parts, you would say no? go to some of the parts swap meets and check out the asking prices.i was at carlisle over the weekend and saw not only high asking prices for sunbeam parts but the same for many makes.folks will pay whatever if they want it.i talked with a guy that wants a complete inventory and a price for all of the simca parts that i have in the attic.i won't give them away.have you been watching e bay and seen some of the selling prices for parts lately?almost 800.00 for a set of wiper blades.i also saw a set of peaked chrome head light rims.asking price: 350.00.it happens and people pay.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Well. for comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...66&item=250070403080&refwidgettype=osi_widget

its NOS

Selling a useless windscreen for 1500 when you can get correct ones that are new for a 1/3 the price is just taking advantage.. if someone pays YES they are stupid.. but i guess it depends on your own values.. you dont have to give parts away.. but you dont try and rob people either.. murder is murder.. doesn't matter if you dont get caught..you still did the wrong thing.

skywords

Donation Time
Well. for comparison:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...66&item=250070403080&refwidgettype=osi_widget

its NOS

Selling a useless windscreen for 1500 when you can get correct ones that are new for a 1/3 the price is just taking advantage.. if someone pays YES they are stupid.. but i guess it depends on your own values.. you dont have to give parts away.. but you dont try and rob people either.. murder is murder.. doesn't matter if you dont get caught..you still did the wrong thing.

It may be an oringinal Triplex glass but for that price? Ding Dong.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Anyone selling is free to ask whatever amount they want and I wouldn't say otherwise. The burden is always on the buyer to determine if they can do better elsewhere or if they feel it's a reasonable amount. So Bob, if you find someone willing to pay what you want for some part or parts, more power to you.

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
Asking and getting are two different things.
He obviously has NO idea of the parts availability and/or the non-rarity of what he has.

On the other hand, I've thrown nicer away!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUNBEAM-ROOTES-GROUP-GRILL-BADGE-EMBLEM_W0QQite

I mean, what would you put this on?
I think the tradgedy in all this is that people don't do thier research.
Even if a repro was twice the price, it would be worth not putting that badge on my car.
Like I have said before, I love when I have 3 of some part, 1&2 for me, the 3rd to be able to help someone out.
Without asking for thier 1st born.
I won't leave this earth rich from selling Sunbeam parts, but perhaps I'll leave 1 or 2 happy folks behind.