• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dealer sales presentatation

John Boggis

Donation Time
The Sunbeam Alpine Club here in the UK have found archive material that originally comprised a long playing record and slide show, which formed a dealer sales promotion pack. The pack covered the launch of the first Sunbeam Alpine in 1959 and Series II in 1960. The photo slides were damaged by sunlight and the sound quality of the record was very poor. Happily, with the help of modern technology we have been able to re-master the record and digitise it to a DVD, along with the accompanying images that have been re-coloured. The result is a DVD in a card cover, which replicates some of the original artwork from the record sleeve. We are offering you in the US (and other coutries) the chance to own a copy of this rare sound/footage and enjoy a trip back in time to when our great little car was born. To cover the production costs the Club need a minimum order of 25 DVDs at a cost of $15 per DVD, plus shipping. Maybe one of your club members or officials could co-ordinate orders to reach the minimum. All monies from the sale of the DVD will go to the Sunbeam Alpine owners Club UK.

Stevew

Donation Time
I can play both PAL & NTSC on my DVD player but it should work on a PC without any trouble anyway

Nickodell

Donation Time
I have equipment to convert from PAl to NTSC for a limited number of club members (each one takes about an hour), at just the cost of the DVD copy disk, so long as this does not breach any copyrights.

John Boggis

Donation Time
The Sunbeam Alpine Club here in the UK have found archive material that originally comprised a long playing record and slide show, which formed a dealer sales promotion pack. The pack covered the launch of the first Sunbeam Alpine in 1959 and Series II in 1960. The photo slides were damaged by sunlight and the sound quality of the record was very poor. Happily, with the help of modern technology we have been able to re-master the record and digitise it to a DVD, along with the accompanying images that have been re-coloured. The result is a DVD in a card cover, which replicates some of the original artwork from the record sleeve. We are offering you in the US (and other coutries) the chance to own a copy of this rare sound/footage and enjoy a trip back in time to when our great little car was born. To cover the production costs the Club need a minimum order of 25 DVDs at a cost of $15 per DVD, plus shipping. Maybe one of your club members or officials could co-ordinate orders to reach the minimum. All monies from the sale of the DVD will go to the Sunbeam Alpine owners Club UK.

We will be going to press on the CD sleeves and producing the limited edition printed CDs at the end of the month. If you guys do want to take up the offer made by the SAOC in the UK, you had better let me know ASAP.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello John
Thanks for this offer. I will take 10 of them and then sell them at cost to anyone here in the USA who wants one.
cheers
Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Eric, I'll take one too. It would be great to have one for the Invasion to show everyone!

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
OK-we are up to 8 of them so far (I got several PM's)
Anyone else? John when do you need the final count? I may have to up my order from 10 to ??. Thanks, Eric