• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dashboard yet again

SoCalpine

Donation Time
Just sent them out. Sorry for the delay. I hadn't checked this thread in a while and missed the new requests.

Highbeam

Donation Time
Is this something that could be archived somewhere so SoCalpine wouldn't have to handle a million requests? I would like them as well. thanks

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Is this something that could be archived somewhere so SoCalpine wouldn't have to handle a million requests? I would like them as well. thanks

I was thinking the same thing, and will look into it...

SoCalpine

Donation Time
I have the file and so does Nick so when someone closer to the website management has the time to archive the file it should be no problem to get it up there. In the mean time pm me with an email and I'll send you the file. I can't attach files through the "send an email" feature on the site.

-John

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
How big is the file? You can post a file up to 97k if you're "tricky"...
Save the file, and change it's name to end in ".zip" instead of ".pdf".
Don't actually zip the file -- just change the name.
The recipient/downloader reverses the name change back to ".pdf" and Bob's your uncle.
Of course, if it's bigger than 97k, then oops, never mind.
(Plus, you could always actually zip it, too...)

SoCalpine

Donation Time
The file is 48kb and parked in my mail program ready for dispatch. I love the change the suffix but not the file trick though. Never tried that before. I have been at my wits end trying to figure out what to rename a file when some student or another changes the suffix on something without converting the file. Kids these days!

I'll try parking the pdf with a zip suffix here to see if that will work for anyone. You can of course email me at my regular email if you just want the pdf.

Attachments

• DASH-Autometer.zip
    46.6 KB · Views: 60

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Worked for me. Right-click and "save as" the filename, but overwrite .zip with .pdf. Then save, and open with your pdf viewer. It tried to use both extensions, but I didn't let it.

Don't save it as-is, and then try to rename it. Windows will think it's still a folder.