• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dashboard upholstery

W0CPM

Donation Time
is the dash upholstery supposed to be the same as the rest of the interior .

mine originally had the crimson with black piping for the seats was the dash also red?

W0CPM

Donation Time
response

thank you for the info i will ahve to get me some material to reupholster my dash now.

65beam

Donation Time
dash

the area on top of the dash was not upholstered. it was a vacuum molded vinyl pad with styrofoam on the underneath side. new replacements are available from sunbeam specialties. some minute trimming of the styro foam is required at the corners in order to get the windshield to set right. the waist roll at the bottom of the dash had black vinyl on it.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Just so we're all clear, since you said dash and not crash pad or such. The crash pad on the top, between the windshield and the actual dashboard was as Bob pointed out a vaccum molded black plastic. The dash itself was a kind of silver paint on the early cars and a courser black plastic cover attached to the smooth plastic cast dash. wood of course had neither of these. The roll under the dash was vinyl covered over a foam roll.

W0CPM

Donation Time
crash pad

ok the crash pad would be black as well then? because my "dash" is the vaccuum formed plastic

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, the dash pad is black.

As a side note, I was not terribly impressed with the covered dash, so I removed it. Cleaned up the plastic and painted it with Hammertone silver-gray paint. Looked so nice I decided to use one of the early Series dashes, which are painted.

Bill