• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

dash pad

Gene Beckstead

Donation Time
hello again,Im installing a new dash pad . Which glue is the best,(3M spray adhesive) or (contact cement)? Or is there abetter glue?any info is help, thanks. Gene

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
contact cement

The instructions that came with the new pad says spray adhesive wont hold over time, use weldwood contact cement,carefully.
Jeff

gordonra

Donation Time
The instructions speak of putting wax paper between the dash and the pad. It works better than it might sound. I did it on mine, and we did it on Kelly's. It keeps the pad from sticking to the dash before it's in place. When you have the dash pad where you want it, pull the wax paper out.

We folded the paper so you have two edges sticking out the front in case one tears before you get it out.

When selecting Weldwood contact cement, try to get the stuff in the red can. The green can is for kids.

Rich

socorob

Donation Time
Make sure you get the one rated for heat. I used it on my dash pad and its holding up great. When i went to do the piece across the bottom of the dash, all home depot had was the regular weldwood left. I got it and put it on in springtime. It held up great until summer then it all started coming apart in the heat.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Robbie's right. 3M contact adhesive or Weldwood really doesn't hold up much with heat over time. The best stuff is either 3M 08088 (good) or 08090 (better).

http://www.amazon.com/3M-08090-Yell...d=1352784089&sr=1-2&keywords=3m+trim+adhesive

http://www.amazon.com/3M-08088-General-Trim-Adhesive/dp/B0002JMPRA/ref=pd_sbs_auto_1

41Spjpkk6WL._SS500_.jpg
41n6SD6L9ZL._SS500_.jpg

socorob

Donation Time
I saw some stuff in lowes last week that was good to something like 300 degrees. It was more expensive than everything else, but maybe it's worth the extra cost.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I saw some stuff in lowes last week that was good to something like 300 degrees. It was more expensive than everything else, but maybe it's worth the extra cost.

It certainly is worth the extra cost.Trust me as I know first hand.I would never use anything less for the cars