• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dash mounting parts needing to identify

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping that someone is familiar with these small bits. I'm in the process of changing my plastic dash to a wooden dash. These parts came/fell out from behind the original dash as I was unscrewing bolts etc. At the time these fell to the floor of the car, I was on my back, laying across one of the front seats, undoing all of the brackets and screws holding the dash in place. Any help identifying where these bits belong would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the weird file attachments format. That's the only format I could find that accommodates the file size.

Regards, Mark

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    13.7 KB · Views: 97
  • Doc4.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Doc5.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 43

65beam

Donation Time
identify

The last photo is of the shims that go between the lower dash roll where it bolts to the body. You'll find a flat bracket with off set holes on each end of the roll. These shims go between these brackets and the mount on the body. The others look to be shims also.

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Dash Mounting bits

Thank you to everyone. I think now knowing the general area of wher ethese bits fit, I should be able to re-assemble everything back where its supposed to go.

Thank you Sunbeam forum !!!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mark, I don't believe you will have all the necessary components to fasten a wooden dash back in if replacing a plastic one. The plastic one has "built in" tabs for the heater control connections whereby the wooded one will of necessity have to be fabricated if you do not otherwise have access to them.

I have made some extras I sell as a result of me replacing a plastic dash in one of my SV's...

E-mail me for some PIC's if interested ($30 shipped to the lower 48).

mark mcdonough

Donation Time
Control Tabs

Hi Dan

Thanks for brining this to my attention. Nice to be back in touch with you once again. I will email you about the tabs.

BTW, your engine that I am taking good care of is running very nicely

Mark

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Never had a doubt about the engine:D

It was done up right, no expense spared.

And I appreciate you taking great care of it too!

Thanks for the kind words and showing your appreciation,

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dash Tabs for Wooden Instrument Panel in your Alpine

Mark, Here is what they look like,

Attachments

• 20170518_183211 (380x285).jpg
    20170518_183211 (380x285).jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Dash Tabs_214212 (500x375).jpg
    Dash Tabs_214212 (500x375).jpg