• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

dash lights originality

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Are the 3 dash lights and housings the same for SIV and SV .. ??

High/low beam - blue
Winker - green
Ignition - redish
.. ??

I'm working on a dashboard but my car is across town, but even if here it would not necessarily tell me anything beyond what it has...

I do recall that its red ignition light is different; it is not smooth like the SV parts car light. But which is stock, if either.. ??

Thanks in advance .. :)

alpine_64

Donation Time
Allan,

the ignition light is red. The later SIV cars have the rectangular lights as per the SV/Tiger and IIRC there is no dimmer eye-lid as on the indicator and high beam. I am not sure but some early SIV cars may have had the round lights like the S3 perhaps.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Allan,

the ignition light is red. The later SIV cars have the rectangular lights as per the SV/Tiger and IIRC there is no dimmer eye-lid as on the indicator and high beam. I am not sure but some early SIV cars may have had the round lights like the S3 perhaps.

Michael thanks.. !

I looked back thru my pics, did find one for ignition, and it is round, and the red lens is not smooth, but is faceted, sorta like a diamond cut I suppose.

I think maybe the blue and green units are round too, now that you mention it. It is a fairly early SIV.

Parts car components are all rectangular, and the red lense is smooth like the green and blue ones. They come from a later SV.