• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

dash covering

studmobile

Diamond Level Sponsor
Between the drivers edge of the dash pad and the dash is a cardboard like material, originally riveted on. It always seems to break on removal. Is there a US source for this?
Also, on either side is the aluminum plate to cover the corners, covered with a very thin cloth like material. What is a good replacement for the material covering it? Thanks

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
I came across this same dilemma while finishing the V6 project. I ended up making the "filler" piece by making many cardboard templates until I got one about right, then used a 3/16 or so piece of pvc panel textured on one side smooth on the other, it worked out pretty well. The end pieces I just covered with scraps from the door card covering that was left over, a thinner material would have been preferred but it seems acceptable. Good luck
Tom j

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
They were covered in a cloth -like vinyl ( whatever was used in the sixties ).
I've always covered them with whatever black vinyl I have. They look fine as they blend in
with the dash cover pretty well. I've used contact cement to hold the vinyl on and they attach
to the sheet metal with two rivets.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
The material is actually thin aluminum ?
Even the long piece across the front? I was always under the impression the long piece was a fiberboard type of material and the ends were the thin aluminum (which is all I've ever seen) covered with the thinnest fabric type material I've ever come across.
Tom j

alpine_64

Donation Time
The material is actually thin aluminum ?
Even the long piece across the front? I was always under the impression the long piece was a fiberboard type of material and the ends were the thin aluminum (which is all I've ever seen) covered with the thinnest fabric type material I've ever come across.
Tom j
I agree the long prices under the dash seemed to be the fibreboard like used in the boot finishing panels

The curved side pieces I believe are the aluminium as they are a complex compound curve so would have been a stamped part