• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Darksiders meet for coffee

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
A meeting of the Darkside faithful met at the Cars and Coffee weekly event in Irvine California on Saturday. Kelly, Rich, John and Garrett (not pictured) as I (behind the camera) got to hang out and drink coffee. Good time and good friends. Rich and Kelly brought their cars, while John, Garrett and I have projects in the works.

If you haven't attended one of these gatherings, you should try to. And the coffee's good too.

Also.....We're hashing around the idea of a V6 event in Southern California/Arizona. Rough count: 10+ cars in the works or running as of now. Ya'all stay tuned for updates.

Left to Right-Rich and his car, John, Kelly car and his car.

Attachments

• Coffee Cars 2.jpg
    Coffee Cars 2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 51

kmathis

Donation Time
That was a fun morning Nick; and as anyone can see by the picture, we stayed until all of the cars were gone.:eek:
We need even more darksiders and all other Sunbeams that want to get together occasionally and trade stories and just enjoy the hobbie. Cars and Coffee is a great venue for just that.:)

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Very cool weekly event. I plan to attend again when I'm in Southern Calif. I'd recommend SAOCA members over that way to make the trip. It's early and clears out early enough to get back to do weekend chores or whatever you have planned. You also get to meet other SAOCA members.

Seriously guys... There were more Lambo's than Alpines.... Heck, there were more Bentleys.

gordonra

Donation Time
I was impressed by the McLaren, and the Isetta, and the 1922 ford truck, the half dozen Cobras, and the...

Seriously, how can you go wrong? The coffee is hot, breakfast is warm, the folks are friendly, and the cars are extraordinary!!!

Rich

SoCalpine

Donation Time
The cars were indeed outstanding. I have never seen so many GT500's in one place. Plenty of sharks (a personal favorite) and a TVR. I've never seen one of those in person before. The V6 Alpines did draw a crowd...."no that's NOT a Tiger" I'll look forward to going back soon hopefully there will be some more 'beams there. Mine too, some day.

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
I agree,Coffee and Cars is a great place to meet and hang out for a few hours. Thanks guys for letting me check out your cars, hopefully I will be able to join you in the V-6 section in 2013 ;) Nice meeting you all and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Garet

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
There was serious discussion at Coffee and Cars about having a Southwest V6 gathering. If you have a V6 Alpine or have a V6 conversion in the works we should start looking for locations to meet and dates.

When we do have it, in the interest of saving time where we display the cars, we probably should have a sign posted with FAQ's like:
1-No, it's not for sale
2-No, it's not a TIGER
3-No, they didn't come from the factory with a V6.
4-No, you didn't have one "just like this in College".
5-No, you didn't know a guy "who had one just like this in College".

......maybe not...:D

SoCalpine

Donation Time
When we do have it, in the interest of saving time where we display the cars, we probably should have a sign posted with FAQ's like:
1-No, it's not for sale
2-No, it's not a TIGER
3-No, they didn't come from the factory with a V6.

I am all over this. I should have the background done tomorrow (taking it from the Matterhorn Bobsleds poster) and then I just need to figure out the text. V6 Alpine not a Tiger, pioneered by Jose Rodriguez in 1978 ?, uses ford 171ci V6, other suggestions?

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I can see it all now....

(AP/UPI/Reuters) In a scene eerily similar to the opening of "The Wild One", a splinter faction (known only as "Darksiders") of the SAOCA (an otherwise respectable organization) .............:eek::eek::eek:

SoCalpine

Donation Time
I can see it all now....

(AP/UPI/Reuters) In a scene eerily similar to the opening of "The Wild One", a splinter faction...

Conflicting reports say that that a group calling itself Algernon, a radical faction of the Tiger Owners Club has claimed responsibility.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
An a-maze-ing revelation...
Hmmm... surgical intervention to increase performance, soon to be followed by the inevitable burnout(s), unrequited love(?) and social stigma(!), finally wrapping up with graveside flowers... :eek:

You guys be careful out there! :D