• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Crossmember spacers

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Repeat!

Hey guys, I posted early on the dimension of the spacers.... They are 2"wide x 8 1/2" LONG.

Thickness ranges from 1/2" on one end to 1/4" on the other.

Seems to me it would take more than a few washers! But, any thing to make it work;)

DanR

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hey guys, I posted early on the dimension of the spacers.... They are 2"wide x 8 1/2" LONG.

Thickness ranges from 1/2" on one end to 1/4" on the other.

Seems to me it would take more than a few washers! But, any thing to make it work;)

DanR

Dan, I really don't understand the importance of the length. The stepped spacers fit against a flat surface. To me, that means there are two contact points. One in the front, one in the rear. What is the importance of the length? In fact, I wonder why a single 1/4" spacer at the rear would not work. That would set the car 1/4 inch lower on the crossmember, but the caster would be unchanged. It would have an impact on bump steer. Good or bad would probably depend on the individual car.
Bill

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a set for late series....are they the same? there are some on ebay for big bucks ($120> I think) How about $50.00 plus %.00 to ship?

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Hey all, hate to do it but i need to come clean on my spacers. As I was in a panic tearing the place apart looking for them, my son asked "Why don't you look in the car?". Sad to say, when I looked closer, there they were. I didn't notice them because the guy who did my body work painted over them with flat black to match my engine bay. Everytime I looked in the engine bay I just glanced over and expected to see aluminum, never really looked until my son (who is obviously smarter that me) pointed out the obvious. So I am a doof, thanks all for your responses, and thanks Dan for shipping me a pair so fast! next time I am looking for something I might just look in the most obvious place: where it should be.

Thanks all!

Garet

gbinckes

Silver Level Sponsor
Hahaha, sorry Mark, I was reading the previous posts and Dan stuck in my mind!

All, Mark really came through and got me some replacement spacers. I really appreciate the effort he went to to get them shipped the next day so I could have them for my engine install. Turns out I didn't need them, but I sure do appreciate your help Mark!

Thanks a ton!

- Garet

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Happy to help, Garet. Remember you have a credit on account in case some other need pops up.

Regards, Mark ..... volvoguys

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
It's a Laugh!

Garet, when I read your post thanking Dan, I wondered if you were referring to me, but, I knew it could not be me (DanR) because I had not sent spacers.

Read Marks post and then realized your senior moment;)

Life is sure Grand! Especially with you Sunbeam Guys (and Volvo Guys too)!