• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Crankshaft nut

napa 1

Donation Time
Couple of novice questions for all of you...

1)What's the best method for removing the crankshaft nut. Which way is loosen??? :eek: (BTW, mine has been replaced with a flat one that doesn't accept the crank handle, but I purchased an original one on ebay recently)

2) Are there fuel line connectors available for the old style fuel pumps. I have a new fuel pump (original model with glass dome) it has female threaded openings for intake and output.

thanks guys.

John.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Nuts and stuff

Couple of novice questions for all of you...

1)What's the best method for removing the crankshaft nut. Which way is loosen??? :eek: (BTW, mine has been replaced with a flat one that doesn't accept the crank handle, but I purchased an original one on ebay recently)

:cool: I had to remove the (shudder here) radiator, to take mine out. As yours the PO had ground off or some thing, but I did find a socket to fit it. If I remember "righty tighty" lefty loosey". But there are many out there that would just love to crank their engine, my self I like electric start.. :p

2) Are there fuel line connectors available for the old style fuel pumps. I have a new fuel pump (original model with glass dome) it has female threaded openings for intake and output.

;) Just take you fuel pump down to your parts house have them find you a threaded bayonet fitting for you hose fit size. Get some good small hose clamps and your' on your way. I have hi-temp gas line between my steel fittings and an electric spare just in caase , some day I need it. Also If you do go to an elec pump you may want to goto a fuel pressure regulator. and a shut off switch.
Well Hope that helps , Gotta go hook up that blasted transmision."Finn"ally
Chuck

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
A grade-8 nut is better than that factory hand-crank nut. Torque on that nut is about 100 ft-lbs, its way easier with a hex nut.
The fuel pump fittings are 7/16" thread and they are hard to find. No local hydraulic shops carry them. I have been down the same road.