• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

crank dampner

robertg

Donation Time
Anyone looking for a new crankshaft dampner with timing marks, google "BHJ Dynamics". I have bought two, one for the mantelpiece and one for the car. Around 250 with shipping.

Limey

Donation Time
damper

Hi,

They sound good but they dont have a photo on their site and I don't like to buy blind. Could you post a couple?

Many thanks if you can.

Best regards

Oliver

robertg

Donation Time
Sure I will receive another next week. It may take till the end of the week to figure out how to post a picture. bob

Limey

Donation Time
Thanks Bob, I appreciate it. Posting pics is pretty easy once you've done one or two.
Take the pic and save on you desk top
open it and using one of the drop down menus resize it to 'web-small 448 x 336' and save
Open a reply to this message and click on the paperclip icon
click browse and find the desk top and select the resized pic and upload
Type your message to me, click on the paper clip again and insert the pic
Hey presto!!

robertg

Donation Time
The final price delivered was 239.00. And here are the pics.

Attachments

• damp1.jpg
    damp1.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 38
  • damp2.jpg
    damp2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 31
  • damp3.jpg
    damp3.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 35

robertg

Donation Time
Great, I showed my wife my great pictures of the dampner and she picked up the price from the verbage, now I'm a dead man.

robertg

Donation Time
Actually it was three, one from Rootes Post Vintage Spares and two from BHJ.
I live on the edge.

The one from Rootes spares is Aluminum with no timing marks but a bit cheaper in price. The ones from BHJ are close to original with timing marks.

Good luck bob

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Roote spares also sells a proper harmonic balance, made of steel with timing marks.

So does that mean your price is all 3 HBs?
I am consfused.

robertg

Donation Time
Sorry for the confusion.

The cost of the metal "BHJ" delivered to Georgia is $239.00. The Aluminum one from Rootes Post Vintage Spares was around $130.00. Both have the rubber dampner.

Good luck bob