• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Cracked LAT 70 Wheel! Looking for Qty1 or Full Set of 13" LAT 70 Wheels

Tosborn

Donation Time
Hello, I am restoring a set of original 13" LAT 70 wheels for a MKII Tiger. The set has been in storage for years, and apparently one took a major curb hit years ago. We straightened the bent lip, then a local vintage wheel restorer attempted to fix the center bend, which cracked the wheel. It's cracked beyond repair.

As such, I am looking for minimum 1 (or any quantity) original 13" LAT 70 wheels. Preferably looking for a wheel without any curb rash, but willing to compromise depending on availability.

I am located in Tacoma Washington (south of Seattle), but willing to pay shipping. I have a FedEx account, and can pay for packaging and shipping. All you would have to do is drop the wheels at a FedEx store. Or you are welcome to package them and ship whichever way you prefer.

Tosborn

Donation Time
Appears there was a spelling error, as I don’t think an LAT 80 exists. LAT 70, spelling error fixed.

Last edited:

RootesRooter

Donation Time
You might want to post a photo. The later LAT 70's, which would be the most likely ones found on Mk II's, had a different (wider?) hub.

Last edited:

Tosborn

Donation Time
Copy, here's some photos of the damaged wheel. That's interesting there were different hub thicknesses. Are you talking about hub thickness as measured through stud holes?

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 28
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 29
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 29

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Nope. I'm talking about the width of the center hub that the spinner is mounted on. This looks like the later style, with a wider hub that doesn't leave a lot of room for the lug nuts. IIRC, there may even be a third style, with a center hub that isn't as tall, but I don't have my Book of Norman handy to look it up.

Tosborn

Donation Time
Thanks for the scans and the information. I don't have a book of Norman, but it's on my radar. The wheels we have appear to be 1st run wheels, as they have 2" long and 3" diameter extensions. We would be open to any of the 3" diameter 1st or 2nd run options. They certainly do not leave a lot of room for lug nuts, or for torqueing the lug nuts when the spinner caps are installed.

Jbetz812

Platinum Level Sponsor
Glad you located two, any chance you have info on one more? The set I have are three later ones and one early one with a chipped center flange. I need one of the later that has the bigger diameter hub, 2nd picture

Attachments

• IMG_0944.jpeg
    IMG_0944.jpeg
    912.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0943.jpeg
    IMG_0943.jpeg
    820.8 KB · Views: 4

Tosborn

Donation Time
Jeez these wheels are coming out of the woodwork now!

Curiously, the above photo doesn't have a raised centercap area. What generation would that be? Or are they modified?

Last edited:

Tosborn

Donation Time
I agree, the level of "Your never going to find these" comments I always get when looking for parts are surprising. Everything is out there if your willing to look and pay for it. Thanks for all the help.

Asm109

Donation Time
I would like to find a set of the SMALL diameter spinners for LAT 70 wheels. I think the size is 2 9/16" Actually 2 would be enough to put the wheels back on the car.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I recently saw a tiger being discussed on Redit. One of the inciteful posters was describing how the value would be less because of the aftermarket wheels. They were LAT 70s.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
The "LAT" wheels in the photo with the non-raised spinners are probably Gurney look-a-likes, that just have a hole instead of a hub. They're good wheels (I've run a set for decades) but hub inserts that fit correctly are very tough to find.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I recently saw a tiger being discussed on Redit. One of the inciteful posters was describing how the value would be less because of the aftermarket wheels. They were LAT 70s.

Redit about says it all.... That said..FB isn't much better for accurate advice....