• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Commer 4 sale

65beam

Donation Time
commer

I seem to remember a time when the TE/AE bash was at tiger tom's old house on knight drive. this was probably 30 years ago. one of these couldn't make it up the hill to the back of the house and I think TT pulled it up the hill with his old power wagon. I checked the dealer literature that I have for the 1967 sunbeam funwagon and it does not tell which engine was in it but it does say it cruises at 65 mph with 25 mpg. base cost was 4995.00.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I seem to remember a time when the TE/AE bash was at tiger tom's old house on knight drive. this was probably 30 years ago. one of these couldn't make it up the hill to the back of the house and I think TT pulled it up the hill with his old power wagon. I checked the dealer literature that I have for the 1967 sunbeam funwagon and it does not tell which engine was in it but it does say it cruises at 65 mph with 25 mpg. base cost was 4995.00.

I think all commers past 1965 got the 1725 but with the single carb, iron head option.
Probably made all of 80bhp.

Just putting an alpine config engine in would be a sure way to burn the motor up. That app needs the lower HP to keep the engine alive at the higher continuous loads that are needed to pull the vehicle along at 55mph.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
If it was Closer I would buy it for $275
Put a BB Chevy in it and use it to tow my Race car

Come on, Rocco. It is only 13 hours from Southampton. We could go on Saturday and bring it home on Sunday. I'm in, as long as the seller can wait until mid July.

Road Trip!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
So you would get it if it was closer and you were not married. And probably if parts were not so hard to find. And you had the space to store it. And the time to work on it.

I think I have heard that several times over the years. I've even said it to myself a few times.

"If we had ham we could have ham and eggs if we had some eggs"

Bill