• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

color code 122

65beam

Donation Time
Bob I have an Alpine 010710 it has a spare tire strap, hand crank jaws on the engine 47000 miles I bought it at Stanton from Roger P when he returned to live in the UK. As near as I can tell I am the third owner. What puzzles me is there are no holes for clips for the hand crank in the trunk or for the jack handle. The car has never been hit there is no rust since the car was garage kept for most of its life. Do you have any thoughts on this? Where would the wheel brace and tool roll be located in this car?
I have seen one car painted signal red it belonged to one of Wally Swift’s friends and it was original. It was much different from Carnival Red.
Roger P told me that near the end of Rootes production some cars had metallic paint. Gordon
Gordon,
Here's a photo of the trunk area of Jean's car. I 've never seen a series 5 with a hand crank . The tool roll is to the left of the tire.100_0553.JPG

Gordon Holsinger

Diamond Level Sponsor
Gordon,
Here's a photo of the trunk area of Jean's car. I 've never seen a series 5 with a hand crank . The tool roll is to the left of the tire.View attachment 16682
Bob, thank you for the photo. My Alpine has some strange things about it beyond the hand crank. Where the tool kit is in your car is a large clip for the knock off hammer I have wire wheels and there is a single screw where the wheel brace goes.
The car was originally white code 108. It has the remains of a white convertible top and an original hard top . The convertable top is grey inside like an original factory one and the grain looks like the factory tops.
My car has full instruments clock, cigar lighter, ammeter, sun visors, and a dealer installed radio. I am wondering if this car was a buy drive car, or a special order. I am replacing the wiring which is brittle and a mess, painting the engine bay to match the color, weatherstripping, and a new interior the old one was a mess. I will let you know more as I progress with restoration. Thanks, Gordon

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Bob I have an Alpine 010710 it has a spare tire strap, hand crank jaws on the engine 47000 miles I bought it at Stanton from Roger P when he returned to live in the UK. As near as I can tell I am the third owner. What puzzles me is there are no holes for clips for the hand crank in the trunk or for the jack handle. The car has never been hit there is no rust since the car was garage kept for most of its life. Do you have any thoughts on this? Where would the wheel brace and tool roll be located in this car?
I have seen one car painted signal red it belonged to one of Wally Swift’s friends and it was original. It was much different from Carnival Red.
Roger P told me that near the end of Rootes production some cars had metallic paint. Gordon
Yes - Turquoise Blue Metallic, code 127 and Gunmetal Metallic, code 130. Both colours continued in the Hillman Hunter (i.e. the Arrow range) cars after the end of Alpine production.

ALC 68A

Donation Time
Series 3 had quartz blue metallic (61) and light green metallic (67) paint available.
Indeed. Also Autumn Gold, code 68. Light Green Metallic seems to be almost extinct, at least in the UK. The only Alpine I have ever seen here in this colour is a Series 3 Harrington and that not for some years. I also found an online picture of one in Australia. There are a few Quartz Blue cars in the club and three of the serious contenders for Series 3 concours over the last few years have been gold ones. I wonder why Rootes dropped these metallic colours for the Series IV? However, Gordon's post referred to the late production metallic colours, which are different.

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
I forgot about Autumn Gold. One of our forum members is the Light Green one from Australia - photos in the gallery. I thought Gordon meant they didn't use metallic colors until the end of the Alpine run. Guess I misinterpreted it.